Few days ago Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS) update was available via Kies but Samsung pulled out the file saying that it was just a test. Now Android 4.0.4 ICS update is again up for AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII, you can update your SII from kies. So here is the procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy SII with ICS Android 4.0.3.
- Download and Install the latest Kies.
- Now comes the updating process , plugin your phone to computer using Micro USB cable. If you have correctly installed kies then the computer will automatically recognizes your device and the pop up arrives to update the firmware to latest version.
- Click on update and follow the procedure as it appears on the window (Accepting terms and conditions)
- and the update will start, which will run for around 10-15 minutes (till the time the phone will be unusable)
- wait until the phone reboots and then click ok and finish
Now you will be having ICS Android 4.0.3 running in your AT&T Galaxy SII
Few things to keep in mind while updating your device:
- Remember you have the latest kies version, as the old version doesn’t update to latest firmware.
- Don’t unplug usb, or switch off your phone or computer as soon the update is started.
Enjoy! ICS in your AT&T Samsung Galaxy SII 🙂