So many rumors were running around about the Android 4.2 which all bogus in the end but hopefully the Google Nexus 4 device means the LG Nexus 4 is real, which is good but lets see how good it will be. Okay! as for now we are not getting Android 4.2 but how about trying a Gmail app leaked out from Android 4.2. As it is an unreleased app and not officially available, so it might have some bugs that you could face but if you would like try this app then give it go. Talking about the changes in Gmail’s new Android 4.2 app there are not much changes but the changes what Google came up with are really great. Now you can remove the mail just by swapping over the email and later it also show a undo button if you want that email back and the other feature is really good and really a important one, you can pinch and zoom in and out to read your emails. Okay! lets start with the installation process before that here are some pre-requesties,
- Your phone should be rooted and running Android 4.0+
- You should have a root explorer app
Alright! first download the Gmail apk file from here
- Rename the file to Gmail2.apk
- You might want to make a nandroid backup, incase anything goes wrong while installation process
- Open your favorite root explorer and make the system to write and copy the file to /system/app
- Now you need to delete the old Gmail app from the system app, you can simply do that by going to Titanium backup and deleting the file
or, go to /system/app and delete the file
- Reboot your device
- Then again open your file explorer and now tap in the file called “Gmail2.apk” and install the file and you will be done.
If we come around more leaked Android 4.2 app then we will surely share with you all.