Samsung Galaxy R one of the most low specification phone has received the unofficial port of CyanogenMod 10 by the XDA member Adam77Root with the help of XDA Senior Member karthik050782. Currently it is in Alpha version version and most of the things are not working which is not un-usual for us as it happened with all low end devices already.Here is the list of working and non working lists below
- Mobile network
- Data connection
- Audio (microphone may or may not work, works for calls but doesn’t for some others like, Google Now voice search.)
- Video player (may or may not work)
- Accelerometer, magnetic field, proximity, battery temperature sensors
- BLN feature (you need to install either the free or the paid version of BLN Control from Play Store)
- Auto brightness needs manual workaround
- USB mass storage
- Camera and apps which require a functional camera. (even the camera app isn’t included)
- Anything which requires a functional mic except for calls, which aren’t affected.
- Gyroscope (It is disabled deliberately as it causes issues with deep sleep.)
Hope we will see some more development when it will reach Beta stage.
Before we start please note that we or the developer will not be responsible for any damage cause in your phone while installing the ROM, you solely take the responsibility.
Download these files
and note your phone is already rooted
- Copy the ROM and Gapps to your SD Card
- Reboot in recovery mode by pressing home and power button simultaneously
- Now wipe all cache including dalvik cache too
- Flash ROM and Gapps
- Reboot the device
- After first boot, disable mobile data in settings and wait for some seconds. You’ll get the network after some seconds.
Enjoy! if you face any problem let us know and also share your experience with us.