From today CES 2013 even has started and NVIDIA did the start with a bang by introducing the world’s fastest processor for mobile phones and tablets “NVIDIA Tegra 4”. It is the world’s first mobile chip with a quad-core Cortex-A15 CPU’s and 72 core GPU runs 3.5x faster then the other processors like Apple’s A6 and loads 27 pages of a high traffic website within 27 seconds. According to Phil Carmack who is the senior vice president of the Tegra business at NVIDIA says, It provides enormous processing power and efficiency power to the smartphones and tables, gaming devices, auto systems and PC’s. With such great processor means much greater smartphones we are going to see in future. Other main highlights of the processors are:
- 72 custom NVIDIA GeForce GPU cores – six times the GPU horsepower of Tegra 3 – for more realistic gaming experiences and higher resolution displays. Enjoy a variety of unique mobile device innovations in media, gaming, and web—including WebGL and HTML5.
- The first quad-core ARM Cortex-A15 CPU– for 2.6x faster web browsing and breakthrough performance for apps. Tegra 4 harnesses ARM’s most advanced CPU cores ever, plus a second-generation battery saver core, to deliver record levels of performance and battery life. This Variable SMP architecture invented by NVIDIA, enables four performance cores to be used for max burst, when needed, with each core independently and automatically enabled and disabled based on workload. The single battery-saver core handles low-power tasks like active standby, music, and video playback, and is fully transparent to the OS and applications.
- Worldwide 4G LTE voice and data support through an optional chipset- the NVIDIA Icera i500 modem processor. Tegra 4 leverages proven Icera technology in an optional chipset to deliver exceptional mobile communication capability.
- New computational photography capabilities – dramatically enhancing mobile imaging for HDR photos and video. This new mobile architecture fuses together the processing power of the CPU, GPU, and ISP to allow device makers to dramatically enhance mobile imaging. This enables the first Always-on HDR camera with features like live HDR preview, instant HDR photos, HDR video, HDR burst, and HDR Flash.
- Superb power efficiency, with a second-generation battery saver core and PRISM 2 display technology – giving up to 14 hours of HD video playback on smartphones