Where everyone is waiting for Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie, Google is still not up with its 4.2 version updates. Many users in Reddit claims that they have started getting updates of Android 4.2.2 in their Nexus 7, Nexus 10 devices. Whereas it is not yet official that the updates has been pushed or not. The update fixes all the errors of rebooting, wifi suddenly dropping if you have any of the problem then Android 4.2.2 is the solution. Here are some of the new features in it:
- When connecting via adb to a computer for the first time, you’re prompted to allow the connection. This small security enhancement will help keep your bootloader locked device safe if you lose it. [Android Police]
- App download notification have been changed. Now you’ll see a progress bar that tells you the time remaining in addition to a percentage downloaded. [@ssaig]
- Quick settings have been enhanced. Users can now long press on the Wifi and Bluetooth icons to toggle the setting. [@NittyMDev]
- New sounds for wireless charging initiation and low battery alert. Users will now hear a notification sound when the device is placed on a wireless charger. In addition the low battery sound has been changed. [Android Police]
- Removed option to show all calls in the phone app’s call list.
- New Gallery app animation allows faster loading. [@ssaig]
Thanks to Android Authority for publishing all the features.
Here are some unofficial changelogs of Android 4.2.2 JDQ39 which are somehow similar to the above features,
- More secured ADB
- Bluetooth audio streaming bugs fix
- Download notification now shows remaining time
- You can toggle WiFi and Bluetooth on/off by long-pressing them in Quick Settings
- Performance enhancements
- New notification sounds (wireless charging and low battery)
It is also been said after the update the device will also get improved batter life, lets wait for the official words and how it will work.