As Google promised that the binaries and factory images for all the Nexus variants like Nexus 4, Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 will be available soon after releasing Nexus 5 along with Android 4.4 KitKat, even yesterday we updated that already Nexus 7 and Nexus 10 Android 4.4 KitKat update started rolling out.
Although some OTA’s haven’t even rolled out yet but all recent Nexus devices have Android 4.4 KRT160 factory images and drivers available for download, which means you can now flash stock Android 4.4 into any supported device even if an OTA wasn’t available. You can find the links below for Nexus images and drivers.
You can now root and install Android 4.4 in any Nexus variant. We will provide flashing instructions soon. But if you want to root your device now before flashing, you can follow the process below
- Don’t forget to take nandroid backup (just in case anything goes wrong)
- Charge your device to 100%, so that your device doesn’t runs out of battery while the process
- Install Android SDK
- Turn on USB debugging mode on
Let’s start rooting your device now,
- Flash TWRP from here (Reboot the device into bootloader and then fastboot flash recovery the file)
- Reboot intor recovery (adb reboot recovery is required)
- Download SuperSU, then put the recovery into adb sideload mode, and then do adb sideload the file
- Congo! your device rooted now, Enjoy!