Google Hangouts with merged sms/hangout applications has rolled out another update v2.1, with complete new visible makeover and we are loving it. The new features that has been pushed with update are quite impressive, below is the complete change log:
- Merged SMS/Hangout conversations: SMS and Hangout conversations with the same recipient are now combined into a single conversation. You can control whether you want to send a message via Hangouts or SMS with the flip of a switch, and different message types will be easy to tell apart in the conversation. Of course, you can always merge and unmerge conversations if you’d like
- Highlighted outgoing Hangout messages
- Simplified contact list: now there’s two main sections in contacts — People you Hangout With, and Phone Contacts — making it simpler to navigate, and easier to use for SMS
- More Prominent Presence Status (on call, moods, etc.)
- New Notification sound
- Separate voice and video call tones
- Performance improvements: today’s update includes better quality video calls, as well as improved SMS and MMS reliability
- Home screen widget: add the Hangouts widget to your homescreen for quick access to your recent conversations
- Long press on images to save media
If you haven’t received the updates yet and want to give a before it gets to you, you can download the apk below which has cryptographic signature which ensures that the file is safe to install in your device.
- File name: com.google.android.talk-2.1.075 (1123407-30).apk.
- Version: 2.1.075 (1123407-30) (Android 2.3+).
- MD5: f382cbe3ac62706e467486e273480a2f.
Via: David Johnson