Last month on June when Google came up with the all new Android L with highly the greatest changes ever made after Android KitKat, although its still not available for everyone as there is more to test and fix to be made. But developer preview of Android L is available if you want to get your hand on it, before you get the official update on your Nexus device.
But being on Developer preview phase it is not at all a daily driver that you want to use, still if you have spare handset or want to take the risk here you go. But before you start just make a backup of device just in case anything goes wrong, and we will not be held responsible for anything goes wrong while installing Android L in your device.
Before following the instruction below make sure the device is unlocked and the ADB and fastboot is installed;
- Download the factory image for your device here.
- Unzip the file (make sure keep the unzip file in desktop or wherever you can find easily).
- Connect your device to laptop/desktop via USB cable and make sure debug mode is enabled.
- Open up a command line for ADB.1
- Enter adb reboot bootloader to access your device’s bootloader.
- Navigate to the folder containing the factory image.
- Enter flash-all to run the installation script.
It will take few minutes to run the script and your device might stay on boot animation for a while (so just don’t worry and unplug the device it might take upto 5 minutes or more). Once the device boot, just login with your details and you are ready to go.
Share your experience of Android L with us, rest of the users who don’t have any nexus device stay tuned when we come up with few sweet things of Android L for your device.